Wednesday, August 26, 2009

BOOK PREVIEW

Here's a list of books I'll be digesting this fall: 

Yes, I'm a Keller groupie. No, I don't think there will be anything new from Keller in this volume, and yes I will enjoy the heck out of it.











What's So Great About Christianity by Dinesh D'Souza: I have had this book for a couple of years, and loaned it out twice because I was reading something else. I'm fired up to read D'Souza. 












DEEP CHURCH by Jim Belcher: When a book is praised by Driscoll, Keller, McLaren, Rob Bell, Alan Hirsch, Scot McKnight, Ed Stetzer, Colin Hansen, Tony Jones and Richard Mouw it has to be interesting.








The End of Secularism by Hunter Baker: GREAT title, and given our current politcal climate it should be a timely read. It's getting a great deal of positive publicity.











Money, Greed and God by Jay Richards: Should be good fodder for the Republican in me. According to Edwards what we call capitalism does the most good for the largest number of people. This book explains how and why.










Finally Alive by John Piper: According to Tim Challies this is Piper's best book. That is a monstrous claim, but I hope he is right.











I'll be studying the book of Mark with a large degree of regularity so various commentaries on that gospel as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment